Information on my various editorial activities:
- Academic Steering & Advocacy Committee of the Open Library of Humanities (OLH).
- Routledge Humanities OA Advisory Group
- The Oxford Handbook of the Study of Religion (co-edited with Michael Stausberg). Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, in press.
- Handbook of Contemporary Religions in Brazil (co-edited with Bettina Schmidt). Leiden and Boston: Brill, in press.
- The Routledge Handbook of Research Methods in the Study of Religion (co-edited with Michael Stausberg). London and New York: Routledge, 2011.
- Historicizing “Tradition” in the Study of Religion (co-edited with Gregory P. Grieve). Religion and Society 43. Berlin and New York: Walter de Gruyter, 2005.
Edited Journal Issues
- Review symposium on Craig Martin’s Capitalizing Religion: Ideology and the Opiate of the Bourgeoisie (2013). Religion 46/3 (2016).
- Review symposium on Robert Yelle’s Semiotics of Religion: Signs of the Sacred in History (2013). Religion 44/1 (2014).
- “Crisis and Creativity: Opportunities and Threats in the Global Study of Religion\s.” Religion 41/2 (2011 ).
- Review symposium on Thomas Tweed’s Crossing and Dwelling: A Theory of Religion. Journal of the American Academy of Religion 77/2 (2009).
- “Religion and Agency.” Method and Theory in the Study of Religion 19/3 (2007).
- “Religião e Ciência: Tendências atuais” [Current Tendencies in Religion and Science] (with Eduardo Cruz). Revista de Estudos da Religião (Rever) 7/2 (2007).
- Review symposium on Daniel Dubuisson’s The Western Construction of Religion, (with Dean Miller) Religion 36/3 (2006).
- “Theoretical Issues in the Study of Religion.” Revista de Estudos da Religião (Rever) 5/4 (2005).
Book series editor
- Founding editor, Key Thinkers in the Study of Religion (Routledge / NAASR)
- Co-editor, Studies in the History of Religions (Brill)
- Co-editor, Texts and Sources in the History of Religions (Brill)
- Co-editor, Religion in the Americas (Brill)
Journal editorial boards
- Studies in Religion/Sciences Religieuses (SAGE)
- Journal of Religious and Theological Information (Haworth)
- Rever (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo) [Open Access]
- Horizonte: Revista de Estudos em Teologia e Ciências da Religião (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de Minas) [Open Access]
- Imaginário (Universidade de São Paulo)
- Religion (2004-2007)